Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here I go

Hello all. Since I had to give up my Mac when I switched jobs, I haven't been blogging at all and that has made me so sad! I decided to re-enter the world of creepy diaries on the interwebz mostly because I want to chronicle a very new and important part of my life. My boy and I are getting a dog! This is a surprising, scary and exciting turn of events and I want to make sure I capture every minute of it.
Surprising, you say? Don't most people plan ahead and know that a dog is coming to them? Wouldn't it be the responsible thing to do to research a responsible breeder or apply to the humane society? How can one be "surprised" by dog ownership. Well it turns out the answer is simple.
Step 1) You get a new place where there is a fenced in backyard and they allow pets.
Step 2) Your boyfriend mentions to his mother that you are thinking about getting a dog and have started researching what it takes to acquire one from the local animal shelter.
Step 3) Your boyfriend and you have a discussion about waiting at least a couple months to get settled in both physically and financially before you get a cute fuzzy friend.
Step 4) Your hopefully-someday-mother-in-law calls her son and tells him that she just rescued a 3 and 1/2 month old puppy of unknown breed or origin from certain death at the kill shelter known as her local pound and is gifting it to you and your beloved.
*Important* This must all be done within a time frame of 3-6 days. We did in 3 just to be on the safe side.
So there you have it. Surprising yourself with a dog in 4 easy steps.
In all seriousness, I am very excited to meet the little pup. I hope to have more information, news and pictures soon.

No comments: