Wednesday, August 13, 2008

4 days down....

Around 11-14 years to go.
Having Silas around has been wonderful and exhausting and stressful and calming all at once.
He's only had two accidents, one at my office and one at home this morning. That one was his daddy's fault, because when I left for work he was up and watching the Olympics so I left Silas out roaming around the house. I told the boy that he hadn't gone number two yet. Well, five minutes after I left the boy fell back asleep and woke up two hours later to a...well, "pleasant aroma" wafting from the dining room. Ah well, he'll learn. The boy. Not the dog.
Silas has gotten really messy really fast. I can tell I'm going to be giving lots and lots of doggy baths.
The only other thing that has been a problem/concern with him is his extreme separation anxiety. He of course freaks out when we leave him home alone while we go to work (for now, we're putting him in the guest room with his bed and some toys) but he also freaks out when we're both home but not in the same room. Last night the boy got up to get some water and left me and Silas in the room. Silas immediately began howling and scratching at the door. Nothing I tried would calm him down. It was like I wasn't even there. The same thing happened to the boy when I left for work yesterday. I'm hoping this is just an effect of him being shuffled around for so much of his life and that it is something he will get over as he realizes how quickly we come back.
In other news:
1) Yay! Olympics time! I love love love swimming and gymnastics but I also like some other random sports like water polo and rowing.
2) Guess what? We are STILL not done moving entirely. And our lease at the old place is up in close to 24 hours. It adds to my stress and exhaustion to no end. We are SO CLOSE!

1 comment:

CSJ said...

Well honey, WE ARE FINISHED NOW!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! I am so relieved.